Dr Luke Blunden presented “Why does energy demand grow at different rates in similar mini-grids?” in the ‘Energy Poverty’ special session at the Evolving Cities Conference 2021, hosted in Southampton, UK from 13-15 September 2021. The research presentation focused on key aspects of electricity demand growth in off-grid mini grids. Lessons from the six operational Energy for Development (e4D) mini grids in East Africa were presented to explain the socio-economic dynamics and factors for different rates of load growths in different projects.
- Energy and Sustainability MSc student wins best paper award at the People and Buildings Conference for Masters Students 28th September 2023
- ECCD host the International Conference on Energy and Cities (ICEC 2023) 28th September 2023
- Kenya in Darkness Whilst Kitonyoni Blessed with Solar Power 1st September 2023
- ECCD present at the International Conference on Sustainable Energy, SET 2023 in Nottingham, UK 15th August 2023
- ECCD welcome Year 10 students for a one-week Civil Engineering work experience 21st July 2023