Dr Mostafa Mahdy, PhD, is a post-doctoral research fellow studying renewable energy spatial siting within the Energy and Climate Change Division, University of Southampton. He has granted his Doctoral of Philosophy in Civil Engineering. His PhD thesis assessed the offshore wind energy potential in the Middle East, using UK’s offshore wind previous projects as a knowledge base for his spatial siting methodology. He is interested in various applications of multi criteria decision-making (MCDM) and GIS applications, especially spatial sitting problems.
- ECCD research contributes to New Zealand’s Climate Change Commission consultation 30th March 2021
- SAVE trial design and analysis experiences feature at Energy Evaluation Europe 2021 16th March 2021
- SAVE LED install trial results presented at Energy Evaluation Europe 2021 11th March 2021
- ECCD and Fortis Unum project collaborators present 7 papers at the 6th Africa Mini Grids Summit 2021 26th February 2021
- Technology prospects in delivering electricity access 25th February 2021