Dr Mostafa Mahdy, PhD, is a post-doctoral research fellow studying renewable energy spatial siting within the Energy and Climate Change Division, University of Southampton. He has granted his Doctoral of Philosophy in Civil Engineering. His PhD thesis assessed the offshore wind energy potential in the Middle East, using UK’s offshore wind previous projects as a knowledge base for his spatial siting methodology. He is interested in various applications of multi criteria decision-making (MCDM) and GIS applications, especially spatial sitting problems.
- ECCD responds to BEIS Strategy Committee Inquiry on decarbonising heating in homes 16th November 2020
- ECCD to present at Beyond 2020, World Sustainable Built Environment Online Conference 2nd November 2020
- Call for papers: Special Issue ‘Big’ and Linked Data in Energy and Water Demand Research 26th October 2020
- ECCD Contributes to the new University of Southampton Sustainability Strategy 20th October 2020
- #fridayFagPacket: Retrofit or bust: the (possible) cost of de-carbonising the nation’s homes 20th October 2020