- Improvement in the score attributed to the environmental impact of the Council’s procurement as measured by the Local Government Association’s TOMs methodolgy.
- To use city resources in the best manner.
- To minimise waste materials by repairing, reusing and increasing recycling rates.
- Decrease in water consumption and increase in ‘grey’ water use.
- Reduction in use of single-use plastics across the city.
- To use services and products that support this theme.
Targets for each GCC signatory
- To have 100% waste segregation and recycling systems by 2025.
- To ensure that 100% of employees are trained and using the correct waste recycling bins and repairing or reusing suitable waste materials by 2025.
- To eliminate all single-use plastic by 2022.
- To repair all water leakages and have effective detection systems by 2021.
- To replace 50% of conventional water controls and devices with efficient ones by 2025.
- To ensure that 100% of employees are using water resources efficiently and have completed a water efficiency training course by 2021.
Click here to return to the GCC homepage