This project is working on a DC Micro-Grid Platform (DCMGP) (or system) encompassing a unique product and business solution for organisations seeking to provide modern energy services into energy-poor regions. The target solution is not just hardware, it is a partnership approach to modern energy access that actively engages end users and stakeholders to encourage efficiency as a natural way of modern energy life. The DCMGP provides high value (not high capacity), dependable services (not just electricity). The core of the DCMGP is a DC solar photovoltaic system with proven long life, high reliability, low-skilled maintenance, no emissions, no fuel requirement, transparent performance. The highest value energy service solutions are those with the highest efficiency of generation, transmission and consumption. These characteristics sit at the centre of this project. The DCMGP aims to create a step change in the efficiency of energy usage by avoiding DC to AC conversions and generating confidence in modern, efficient DC devices.
- Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Evolving Cities 31st January 2022
- ECCD undertake research for the NFRC building resilience of roofing technologies in a changing climate report 17th December 2021
- ECCD attend Future Towns Innovation Hub launch 15th November 2021
- ECCD present at Portsmouth City Council’s BIG Climate Conversation 11th November 2021
- ECCD exhibit at The Big Sustainability Expo (Southampton) 2021 1st November 2021