This project is working on a DC Micro-Grid Platform (DCMGP) (or system) encompassing a unique product and business solution for organisations seeking to provide modern energy services into energy-poor regions. The target solution is not just hardware, it is a partnership approach to modern energy access that actively engages end users and stakeholders to encourage efficiency as a natural way of modern energy life. The DCMGP provides high value (not high capacity), dependable services (not just electricity). The core of the DCMGP is a DC solar photovoltaic system with proven long life, high reliability, low-skilled maintenance, no emissions, no fuel requirement, transparent performance. The highest value energy service solutions are those with the highest efficiency of generation, transmission and consumption. These characteristics sit at the centre of this project. The DCMGP aims to create a step change in the efficiency of energy usage by avoiding DC to AC conversions and generating confidence in modern, efficient DC devices.
- ECCD develops the Green City Charter Tracker 14th July 2020
- Modelling suggests LED uptake could knock 9% off New Zealand’s winter evening peak demand 26th May 2020
- ECCD/SERG hosts IEA Energy in Buildings and Communities symposium and expert meeting 13th May 2020
- UK covid 19 lockdown air quality analysis submitted to DEFRA 3rd April 2020
- SERG submits response to Sixth Carbon Budget – Call for Evidence 3rd February 2020