This research aims to investigate the potential for implementing clean off-grid energy systems for rural electrification in Sudan. Analysis using the GIS (Geographic Information System) -MADM (Multiple Attribute Decision Making) method will identify sites suitability for renewable off-grid electricity systems. The methodology includes four main strands of work: (a) assessment of renewable energy availability in Sudan, (b) identifying suitable weighting criteria for site selection, (c) location of appropriate sites that fulfil the criteria via MADM-GIS, and (d) performing experts’ NGT (Nominal Group Technique) via AHP (analytic hierarchy process) – SAW (simple additive weighting) to select the most suitable sites in rural Sudan.
- ECCD attend Future Towns Innovation Hub launch 15th November 2021
- ECCD present at Portsmouth City Council’s BIG Climate Conversation 11th November 2021
- ECCD exhibit at The Big Sustainability Expo (Southampton) 2021 1st November 2021
- Professor Bahaj announced as an expert speaker at the South Coast Commercial Property Show 26th October 2021
- ECCD attend the Business Innovation South Expo 20th September 2021