This research aims to investigate the potential for implementing clean off-grid energy systems for rural electrification in Sudan. Analysis using the GIS (Geographic Information System) -MADM (Multiple Attribute Decision Making) method will identify sites suitability for renewable off-grid electricity systems. The methodology includes four main strands of work: (a) assessment of renewable energy availability in Sudan, (b) identifying suitable weighting criteria for site selection, (c) location of appropriate sites that fulfil the criteria via MADM-GIS, and (d) performing experts’ NGT (Nominal Group Technique) via AHP (analytic hierarchy process) – SAW (simple additive weighting) to select the most suitable sites in rural Sudan.
- ECCD responds to BEIS Strategy Committee Inquiry on decarbonising heating in homes 16th November 2020
- ECCD to present at Beyond 2020, World Sustainable Built Environment Online Conference 2nd November 2020
- Call for papers: Special Issue ‘Big’ and Linked Data in Energy and Water Demand Research 26th October 2020
- ECCD Contributes to the new University of Southampton Sustainability Strategy 20th October 2020
- #fridayFagPacket: Retrofit or bust: the (possible) cost of de-carbonising the nation’s homes 20th October 2020