This research aims to investigate the potential for implementing clean off-grid energy systems for rural electrification in Sudan. Analysis using the GIS (Geographic Information System) -MADM (Multiple Attribute Decision Making) method will identify sites suitability for renewable off-grid electricity systems. The methodology includes four main strands of work: (a) assessment of renewable energy availability in Sudan, (b) identifying suitable weighting criteria for site selection, (c) location of appropriate sites that fulfil the criteria via MADM-GIS, and (d) performing experts’ NGT (Nominal Group Technique) via AHP (analytic hierarchy process) – SAW (simple additive weighting) to select the most suitable sites in rural Sudan.
- ECCD implements feedback tools for University Sustainability Strategy 19th March 2021
- SAVE trial design and analysis experiences feature at Energy Evaluation Europe 2021 16th March 2021
- SAVE LED install trial results presented at Energy Evaluation Europe 2021 11th March 2021
- ECCD and Fortis Unum project collaborators present 7 papers at the 6th Africa Mini Grids Summit 2021 26th February 2021
- Technology prospects in delivering electricity access 25th February 2021