This research aims to investigate the potential for implementing clean off-grid energy systems for rural electrification in Sudan. Analysis using the GIS (Geographic Information System) -MADM (Multiple Attribute Decision Making) method will identify sites suitability for renewable off-grid electricity systems. The methodology includes four main strands of work: (a) assessment of renewable energy availability in Sudan, (b) identifying suitable weighting criteria for site selection, (c) location of appropriate sites that fulfil the criteria via MADM-GIS, and (d) performing experts’ NGT (Nominal Group Technique) via AHP (analytic hierarchy process) – SAW (simple additive weighting) to select the most suitable sites in rural Sudan.
- ECCD develops the Green City Charter Tracker 14th July 2020
- Modelling suggests LED uptake could knock 9% off New Zealand’s winter evening peak demand 26th May 2020
- ECCD/SERG hosts IEA Energy in Buildings and Communities symposium and expert meeting 13th May 2020
- UK covid 19 lockdown air quality analysis submitted to DEFRA 3rd April 2020
- SERG submits response to Sixth Carbon Budget – Call for Evidence 3rd February 2020