This research aims to investigate the potential for implementing clean off-grid energy systems for rural electrification in Sudan. Analysis using the GIS (Geographic Information System) -MADM (Multiple Attribute Decision Making) method will identify sites suitability for renewable off-grid electricity systems. The methodology includes four main strands of work: (a) assessment of renewable energy availability in Sudan, (b) identifying suitable weighting criteria for site selection, (c) location of appropriate sites that fulfil the criteria via MADM-GIS, and (d) performing experts’ NGT (Nominal Group Technique) via AHP (analytic hierarchy process) – SAW (simple additive weighting) to select the most suitable sites in rural Sudan.
- Solar Power Potential from Industrial Buildings and Impact on Electricity Supply in Bangladesh 6th January 2023
- ECCD Research on floating solar PV referenced by BBC Future Planet 13th December 2022
- ECCD exhibit at The Big Sustainability Expo (Southampton) 2022 22nd September 2022
- People and Buildings 11th Master Conference (MC2021/22) 17th September 2022
- PhD opportunity in building physics for Low Carbon Comfort (LCC) using AI 13th September 2022