This research aims to investigate the potential for implementing clean off-grid energy systems for rural electrification in Sudan. Analysis using the GIS (Geographic Information System) -MADM (Multiple Attribute Decision Making) method will identify sites suitability for renewable off-grid electricity systems. The methodology includes four main strands of work: (a) assessment of renewable energy availability in Sudan, (b) identifying suitable weighting criteria for site selection, (c) location of appropriate sites that fulfil the criteria via MADM-GIS, and (d) performing experts’ NGT (Nominal Group Technique) via AHP (analytic hierarchy process) – SAW (simple additive weighting) to select the most suitable sites in rural Sudan.
- ECCD present at the International Conference on Sustainable Energy, SET 2023 in Nottingham, UK 15th August 2023
- ECCD welcome Year 10 students for a one-week Civil Engineering work experience 21st July 2023
- ECCD host Board Members of Crédit Agricole Normandie 10th July 2023
- Findings from the first heating season 6th July 2023
- ECCD present preliminary LATENT field trial findings 15th June 2023