Saudi Arabia has announced plans to build 20GW of photovoltaic (PV) electricity generating capacity by 2024 and 40GW by 2030. Solar PV total installations by 2020 will reach 2.5 GW. KSA 300 MW PV project expected to operate by November 2019, holds one of the records for low tariff for PV of US Cents 2.3417/kWh. This research studies the impact of PV penetration on the grid of the University of Jeddah Campus, knowledge generated will support analysis on a medium size city in KSA to displace fossil fuel power supply currently been used. The relationship between the consumption, economics, social and environmental aspects as well as grid impact will be assessed through different scenarios in both cases.
- PhD opportunity in building physics for Low Carbon Comfort (LCC) using AI 13th September 2022
- Book of Abstracts for the 2022 International Conference on Evolving Cities 22nd August 2022
- ECCD present at the International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET 2022) 20th August 2022
- International Conference on Evolving Cities 2022 29th July 2022
- ECCD organise Civil Engineering work experience for Southampton-based Year 10 students 22nd July 2022