Saudi Arabia has announced plans to build 20GW of photovoltaic (PV) electricity generating capacity by 2024 and 40GW by 2030. Solar PV total installations by 2020 will reach 2.5 GW. KSA 300 MW PV project expected to operate by November 2019, holds one of the records for low tariff for PV of US Cents 2.3417/kWh. This research studies the impact of PV penetration on the grid of the University of Jeddah Campus, knowledge generated will support analysis on a medium size city in KSA to displace fossil fuel power supply currently been used. The relationship between the consumption, economics, social and environmental aspects as well as grid impact will be assessed through different scenarios in both cases.
- ECCD attend Future Towns Innovation Hub launch 15th November 2021
- ECCD present at Portsmouth City Council’s BIG Climate Conversation 11th November 2021
- ECCD exhibit at The Big Sustainability Expo (Southampton) 2021 1st November 2021
- Professor Bahaj announced as an expert speaker at the South Coast Commercial Property Show 26th October 2021
- ECCD attend the Business Innovation South Expo 20th September 2021