Saudi Arabia has announced plans to build 20GW of photovoltaic (PV) electricity generating capacity by 2024 and 40GW by 2030. Solar PV total installations by 2020 will reach 2.5 GW. KSA 300 MW PV project expected to operate by November 2019, holds one of the records for low tariff for PV of US Cents 2.3417/kWh. This research studies the impact of PV penetration on the grid of the University of Jeddah Campus, knowledge generated will support analysis on a medium size city in KSA to displace fossil fuel power supply currently been used. The relationship between the consumption, economics, social and environmental aspects as well as grid impact will be assessed through different scenarios in both cases.
- ECCD implements feedback tools for University Sustainability Strategy 19th March 2021
- SAVE trial design and analysis experiences feature at Energy Evaluation Europe 2021 16th March 2021
- SAVE LED install trial results presented at Energy Evaluation Europe 2021 11th March 2021
- ECCD and Fortis Unum project collaborators present 7 papers at the 6th Africa Mini Grids Summit 2021 26th February 2021
- Technology prospects in delivering electricity access 25th February 2021