Saudi Arabia has announced plans to build 20GW of photovoltaic (PV) electricity generating capacity by 2024 and 40GW by 2030. Solar PV total installations by 2020 will reach 2.5 GW. KSA 300 MW PV project expected to operate by November 2019, holds one of the records for low tariff for PV of US Cents 2.3417/kWh. This research studies the impact of PV penetration on the grid of the University of Jeddah Campus, knowledge generated will support analysis on a medium size city in KSA to displace fossil fuel power supply currently been used. The relationship between the consumption, economics, social and environmental aspects as well as grid impact will be assessed through different scenarios in both cases.
- ECCD present at the International Conference on Sustainable Energy, SET 2023 in Nottingham, UK 15th August 2023
- ECCD welcome Year 10 students for a one-week Civil Engineering work experience 21st July 2023
- ECCD host Board Members of Crédit Agricole Normandie 10th July 2023
- Findings from the first heating season 6th July 2023
- ECCD present preliminary LATENT field trial findings 15th June 2023