Saudi Arabia has announced plans to build 20GW of photovoltaic (PV) electricity generating capacity by 2024 and 40GW by 2030. Solar PV total installations by 2020 will reach 2.5 GW. KSA 300 MW PV project expected to operate by November 2019, holds one of the records for low tariff for PV of US Cents 2.3417/kWh. This research studies the impact of PV penetration on the grid of the University of Jeddah Campus, knowledge generated will support analysis on a medium size city in KSA to displace fossil fuel power supply currently been used. The relationship between the consumption, economics, social and environmental aspects as well as grid impact will be assessed through different scenarios in both cases.
- ECCD/SERG hosts IEA Energy in Buildings and Communities symposium and expert meeting 13th May 2020
- UK covid 19 lockdown air quality analysis submitted to DEFRA 3rd April 2020
- SERG submits response to Sixth Carbon Budget – Call for Evidence 3rd February 2020
- Peak residential demand analysis for New Zealand offers insights to EECA 10th December 2019
- Analysis of New Zealand electric vehicle charging patterns contributes to major report 10th December 2019