- Southampton to have the best ‘Healthy Life Expectancy Indicator’ across UK cities.
- Reduce mortality rates attributed to air pollution, aiming to reach equal or lower level of deaths experienced in rural areas.
- To reduce emissions and satisfy the World Health Organisation air quality guideline values, with nitrogen dioxide levels of 25 µg/m³ by 2025.
- Reduce number of ‘Air Alert’ forecasts and severity of the forecasts.
- Reduction in proportion and number of older, more polluting vehicles operating within the City.
Targets for each GCC signatory
- For 50% or more of employees cycling or walking to work by 2020.
- For at least 50% of the remaining employees to commute either using public transport or lift sharing.
- To eliminate all unnecessary highly polluting travel by 2023.
- To use walking, cycling or public transport for 90%of work related trips by 2025.
- To replace 20% of requiredflight trips by 2024.
- 80% of courier businesses to depend on last mile delivery by 2024.
Click here to return to the GCC homepage