- To make Southampton City carbon neutral by 2030.
- To reduce city energy consumption.
- To use energy providers that use renewable sources.
- To support local generation of sustainable energy.
- To use services and products that support this theme.
- To share knowledge and inspire others.
Targets for each GCC Signatory
- To produce a Carbon Management Plan (CMP) by 2020.
- To assign an officer/team to deliver a CMP and report the organisations performance every 6 to 12 months by 2020.
- To replace 50% of the conventional heating system with low carbon heating systems by 2025.
- To have 100% LED lighting and switch-off sensors by 2025.
- To equip 100 % of the organisations building portfolio with proper heating control and ventilation systems by 2030.
- To install double-glazing windows for all buildings by 2023.
- To treat all buildings with effective draught-proofing measures by 2025.
- To refurbish 10% of the building portfolio with efficient insulation materials by 2030.
- To ensure that 100% of the employees have access to natural lighting by 2025.
- To rely on 100% renewable energy electricity by 2030.
- To cover 50% of available roof space with PV panels by 2030.
Click here to return to the GCC homepage