- Net improvement in biodiversity index across Southampton.
- Increase in the extent and quality of managed habitats and a reduction in the isolation index.
- An increase in tree canopy coverage and green space across the city.
- Increase in extent of land managed for biodiversity.
- Implement sustainable drainage systems into all new major developments.
Targets for each GCC signatory
- To plant at least one tree for every 500 employee per year.
- To complete one green roof/wall project by 2022.
- To connect an organisations external area with the surrounding green network, creating a green pathway by 2025.
- To monitor and record the biodiversity inside and around the organisations, encouraging the development of local plant-life and wildlife.
Click here to return to the GCC homepage