The Energy and Climate Change Division hosted a hybrid workshop with local stakeholders from the Solent Energy Partnership, Climate Commission and Solent Cluster to discuss Southampton’s non-technical barriers on the pathway to net zero. Through the workshop participants were able to produce an agreed consensus on the weighting of Southampton-specific non-technical barriers to net zero, such as financing, grid reinforcement, citizen participation and capability/skills. While debating decencies and potential solutions ECCD were able to map out City constraints which will feed into the feasibility report that is being prepared as part of the Net Zero living: Pathfinder places project which ECCD are collaborating on with Southampton City Council and NquiringMinds.
- ECCD present at the International Conference on Sustainable Energy, SET 2023 in Nottingham, UK 15th August 2023
- ECCD welcome Year 10 students for a one-week Civil Engineering work experience 21st July 2023
- ECCD host Board Members of Crédit Agricole Normandie 10th July 2023
- Findings from the first heating season 6th July 2023
- ECCD present preliminary LATENT field trial findings 15th June 2023