Dr. Tom Blackmore has been working with the Sustainable Energy Research Group since 2010. He completed his PhD with the group in 2013 and continued working for the group in 2014. His current research is on the effects of dynamic flows on tidal stream turbines, working in collaboration with material scientists, with the aim of reducing the cost of marine renewable’s. Research has being undertaken using both experimentation and numerical modelling. Publications from his work can be found here.
- 11TH PRIMaRE CONFERENCE 2024 19th October 2023
- Energy and Sustainability MSc student wins best paper award at the People and Buildings Conference for Masters Students 28th September 2023
- ECCD host the International Conference on Energy and Cities (ICEC 2023) 28th September 2023
- Kenya in Darkness Whilst Kitonyoni Blessed with Solar Power 1st September 2023
- ECCD present at the International Conference on Sustainable Energy, SET 2023 in Nottingham, UK 15th August 2023